Friday, August 22, 2008

Top 10 Things of the Summer: #6 Tennis Lessons!

I know I strike everyone as the macho athlete type, but I must confess, I'm not all that coordinated, and despite my intimidating bulging biceps, there's really not much power in my punch. But, I've always hoped to find my sport, and after playing a few "games" of tennis w/ my friend Matt over the past few years, my pride was wounded enough that I decided tennis lessons might be of some benefit over the summer.

I signed up for a 13-session summer course through the Fort Wayne parks dept., and had a blast improving my game (okay, barely developing some semblance of a game) with a bunch of other beginners and two extremely patient, enthusiastic, and occasionally smack-talkin' instructors in the 80-degree heat this June and July. I am proud to say I can now return a serve at least 20% of the time, and I can serve the ball into the appropriate service box at least 1 out of every 4 serves.

But hey, I've found my game.

(Videos and pics intentionally omitted from this one in order to keep my pride in tact.)

No comments: