Thursday, August 21, 2008

Top 10 Things of the Summer #7: Gig at Espresso Gallery with Steve

Steve (a.k.a. Mr. Clough) and I had been hoping to land a gig at Espresso Gallery for months, and when we finally got permission to play there, we couldn't seem to coordinate a time in our summer schedules to play, but we ended up rehearsing for two days and performing on July 25 for a small crowd of anyone who would listen (it grew to about 25 people by the end of the evening). It was my first time performing with both vocal and guitar since I started playing two years ago. It was a good night overall, and, for a beginner, I was pretty proud of just being able to get up and churn out a few tunes.

Here's a pic of Steve and me after the show:
And the set-list of songs I played:
Me & Bobby McGee (vocals w/ Steve)
Wolves (w/ Steve)
Vincent 52 (w/ Steve)
Next to the Last True Romantic (w/ Steve)
River
First Day of My Life
Language
2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten
Guaranteed
I Don't Wanna Know
That's The Way Love Goes

No comments: